SELRAHCO Event - Miss Scuba Philippines
Saving oceans through Beauty – to celebrate the inner beauty and courage of today’s modern woman, to advocate marine conservation and promote safe diving practices.
I. Miss Scuba International 2014
Miss Scuba International (MSI) pageant was held for the first time in 2011, on the islands of Mabul & Sipadan, as well as in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia. Our second pageant was successfully completed on 30 November 2012 in Bali, Indonesia, whereby 10 contestants from 10 different countries competed in various categories. During the 2013 event, the contestants have undergone learning about marine conservation and culture appreciation. They’ve also participated in beach and underwater clean-ups, charity works, grooming and catwalk workshops.
The Miss Scuba International Organization is founded by Mr Robert Lo who is
also the proprietor of the Sipadan Mabul Resort (SMART) and Mabul Water
Bungalows, and as such is a strong believer in sustainable development within
the realms of our marine environment. He hopes that by sharing the beauty and
wonders of the underwater world via beauty queens, it will enable more people to
understand how fragile our oceans are and how much more we all need to play our
individual little roles to make a big difference in protecting it.
Through the years, our conservation partners were WWWFs, Marine Research Foundation, Mantra Trust and Shark Savers.
Our most recent competition was won by Miss Jaime-Lee Faulkner of the United Kingdom, followed by Philippines and the USA.
The winning delegate of the Miss Scuba International competition will undertake a year of ocean conservation campaigns to educate and inspire the desire in all of us to do our best to safeguard our oceans. The pageant will also offer her a unique and comprehensive platform to launch her career and personal development.
Additionally, we also aim to promote safe diving practices through worldwide professional training organizations, and elevate international tourism and cultural appreciation. As people travel to far off destinations to dive, they also learn to appreciate the cultural diversity that makes our world such an interesting tapestry.
The 2014 Miss Scuba International on-stage competition will be held on 28th November 2014 at Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
“Saving Oceans through Beauty”
- To celebrate the inner beauty & courage of today’s modern women
- To advocate marine conservation and
- To promote safe diving practices
c. Qualifications for contestants
- Are citizens or are permanently resident in the country of which the National Pageant is held;
- Are between 18-28 years of age at the date of the International Pageant;
- Are a minimum of 5’4’ or 162cm in height (without heels)
- Are able to converse in basic English
- Are able to swim and a certified diver, at least until the first level (Open Water)
- Keen and motivated to promote the sport of Scuba Diving and Marine Conservation
- Are female by birth;
- Good health; good moral character;
- Are single; never been married
- Are not pregnant; never given birth to a child;
- Are not under contract with a person, firm, pageant or corporation that would prevent her appearance or participation in the Miss Scuba International Pageant.
d. Criteria for judging
- Individual Talent (performance by individual contestant)
- Diving skills (buoyancy, safe diving practices, reef friendly diving methods)
- Scuba Tourism Knowledge (worldwide dive sites, structure of dive operators, dive organization)
- Personality (includes attitude towards other contestants & pageant crew, work ethics & contestant participation in the individual events)
- Marine Conservation Knowledge (awareness of issues affecting our current global environment)
- Catwalk and Appearance (body confidence, stage presence, poise and natural beauty with not too much make-up)
- Question & Answer (spontaneity, pertinence of answers & ability to think on her feet)
e. Talent show guidelines
- Acts must be safe and appropriate fir genera audiences
- Should be no longer than 5mins, no shorter than 2mins
- Contestants provide their own props and costumes
- No lip-syncing, no pre-recorded singing.
- Dance routine should be rehearsed, no free-style dancing
- Your talent should either be acting, dancing, declamation, drawing, painting, playing instrument and singing.
- For your info, photography will not be considered as natural talent.
II. Miss Scuba Philippines 2014
- June 19, 2014 *open submission for applicants
- August 15, 2014 *last day of submission of applicants
- August 21, 2014 *announcement of national finalists
- September 26, 2014 *Miss Scuba Philippines 2014 pageant night (Pacific Cebu Resort)
- November 28, 2014 *Miss Scuba International 2014 pageant night (Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia)
b. Inquiries and Interested Applicants
- Please visit Facebook page (Miss Scuba Philippines)
- Kindly email your inquiries to msscubaPH@gmail.com
- - For further inquiries kindly call or message Belle Lumapas (09223534486) or Precious Heradura (09228596363)
c. Application Form
- - Application forms should be filled-up personally by the applicant and sent to SELRAHCO Office at U-711 Trinity Plaza Tower, Escario Street, and Cebu City.
d. Cash Prizes
- P 150,000.00 for Miss Scuba Philippines 2014
- P 100,000.00 for Miss Scuba Philippines 1st runner-up
- P 50, 000.00 for Miss Scuba Philippines 2nd runner-up
For further information please call
Yna Del Rosario